UPDATED: Body Of Missing Autistic Clearlake Girl Found
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CLEARLAKE (CBS13) — The body of a 9-year-old girl with the mental capacity of a 1-year-old has been found after she wandered away from her family’s home.
The search has ended for Mikaela Lynch, who was last seen Sunday when she took off her clothes while playing outside with her little brother. Mikaela is autistic and cannot speak.
Her body was found in the Cache Creek of Clearlake Wednesday afternoon.
The family’s home is close to water, and the family says Mikaela doesn’t know how to swim.
Dive teams searched the harbor near her home on Monday, while a helicopter searched the area from above.
Speaking through a family chaplain, Mikaela’s family thanks everyone for their support, but asks for privacy.
“You just think about what you would feel like if your daughter was missing for 24 hours—that’s what it’s like,” said Clearlake Police Chaplain Larry Fanning.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.