UPDATED: Body Of Missing Autistic Clearlake Girl Found
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
CLEARLAKE (CBS13) — The body of a 9-year-old girl with the mental capacity of a 1-year-old has been found after she wandered away from her family’s home.
The search has ended for Mikaela Lynch, who was last seen Sunday when she took off her clothes while playing outside with her little brother. Mikaela is autistic and cannot speak.
Her body was found in the Cache Creek of Clearlake Wednesday afternoon.
The family’s home is close to water, and the family says Mikaela doesn’t know how to swim.
Dive teams searched the harbor near her home on Monday, while a helicopter searched the area from above.
Speaking through a family chaplain, Mikaela’s family thanks everyone for their support, but asks for privacy.
“You just think about what you would feel like if your daughter was missing for 24 hours—that’s what it’s like,” said Clearlake Police Chaplain Larry Fanning.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.