UPDATED: Body Of Missing Autistic Clearlake Girl Found
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
CLEARLAKE (CBS13) — The body of a 9-year-old girl with the mental capacity of a 1-year-old has been found after she wandered away from her family’s home.
The search has ended for Mikaela Lynch, who was last seen Sunday when she took off her clothes while playing outside with her little brother. Mikaela is autistic and cannot speak.
Her body was found in the Cache Creek of Clearlake Wednesday afternoon.
The family’s home is close to water, and the family says Mikaela doesn’t know how to swim.
Dive teams searched the harbor near her home on Monday, while a helicopter searched the area from above.
Speaking through a family chaplain, Mikaela’s family thanks everyone for their support, but asks for privacy.
“You just think about what you would feel like if your daughter was missing for 24 hours—that’s what it’s like,” said Clearlake Police Chaplain Larry Fanning.
Police say there is no indication of foul play.