Modesto Funeral Home Moonlit As Second-Hand Store
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) — Investigators say 17 bodies were removed from a Modesto funeral home because those remains may have been mishandled.
One look at McGuire’s Funeral and Cremation/Second-Hand Store had neighbors sensing something was wrong.
Investigators pulled the bodies out of the store after hearing from family members of deceased that it was taking too long to get their loved one’s remains.
It turns out the county had revoked the funeral home’s permits for burial or cremation earlier this month.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the funeral home and its owner for possible criminal wrongdoing.
CBS13’s Steve Large called the number listed for the funeral home director. The person who answered hung up on him.