Modesto Funeral Home Moonlit As Second-Hand Store
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
MODESTO (CBS13) — Investigators say 17 bodies were removed from a Modesto funeral home because those remains may have been mishandled.
One look at McGuire’s Funeral and Cremation/Second-Hand Store had neighbors sensing something was wrong.
Investigators pulled the bodies out of the store after hearing from family members of deceased that it was taking too long to get their loved one’s remains.
It turns out the county had revoked the funeral home’s permits for burial or cremation earlier this month.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the funeral home and its owner for possible criminal wrongdoing.
CBS13’s Steve Large called the number listed for the funeral home director. The person who answered hung up on him.