Modesto Funeral Home Moonlit As Second-Hand Store
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — Investigators say 17 bodies were removed from a Modesto funeral home because those remains may have been mishandled.
One look at McGuire’s Funeral and Cremation/Second-Hand Store had neighbors sensing something was wrong.
Investigators pulled the bodies out of the store after hearing from family members of deceased that it was taking too long to get their loved one’s remains.
It turns out the county had revoked the funeral home’s permits for burial or cremation earlier this month.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the funeral home and its owner for possible criminal wrongdoing.
CBS13’s Steve Large called the number listed for the funeral home director. The person who answered hung up on him.