Modesto Funeral Home Moonlit As Second-Hand Store
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — Investigators say 17 bodies were removed from a Modesto funeral home because those remains may have been mishandled.
One look at McGuire’s Funeral and Cremation/Second-Hand Store had neighbors sensing something was wrong.
Investigators pulled the bodies out of the store after hearing from family members of deceased that it was taking too long to get their loved one’s remains.
It turns out the county had revoked the funeral home’s permits for burial or cremation earlier this month.
The Stanislaus County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the funeral home and its owner for possible criminal wrongdoing.
CBS13’s Steve Large called the number listed for the funeral home director. The person who answered hung up on him.