Driver Arrested For DUI After Hitting And Dragging Power Pole With Car
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Crews were cleaning up debris on the road and repairing power lines Monday morning in south Sacramento after a suspected DUI driver crashed into a power pole overnight.
The crash happened on 65th Street at 8th Avenue at around 2:30 a.m. Police say a sedan hit the power pole, shearing it off and dragged the pole a block and a half before his car finally died.
Police closed off 65th Street between 14th Street and Broadway so SMUD could deal with the sagging power lines.
The driver was arrested on suspicion of DUI.
“He was talking pretty loud. He took out his cell phone and said ‘I’ll take you a picture, it’s pretty much totaled.’ It’s pretty much par for the course, you know,” said a witness.
SMUD officials say nearby residents did not lose power.