Perverted Prank: Photo of Naked Sixth-Grader Passed Around At School
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
NORTH HIGHLANDS (CBS13) — A child porn investigation is under way at Hillsdale Elementary School in North Highlands after students were found passing around an inappropriate photo of a female student.
After phone calls today, the Twin Rivers School District confirmed over the weekend that the naked photo of a sixth-grader had been sent electronically to some students. This week, other students passed it around.
Hillsdale’s principal Renee Scott-Femenella called in the Twin Rivers Police Department in what is now a child pornography investigation.
One dad, who didn’t want to be identified, was furious with the lack of communication at the school as well as the content of the photo.
“That is my major concern, is that the school is not communicating with us, the parents.” he said.
Criminal defense attorney Jennifer Mouzis says the children who received and forwarded the photo could face a felony charges.
“This is becoming a very serious issue among juveniles because parents are buying the kids smartphones,” she said.
As parents stood in shock, the district issued a statement that read in part:
“In an effort to teach students about Internet safety, the Hillsdale principal and a TRDPD officer have met with both sixth-grade classrooms to clearly let students know about the illegality of sending or posting inappropriate photos.”