Oroville Man Arrested For Murder Near Transient Camp
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
OROVILLE (CBS13) – An Oroville man is under arrest accused of killing another man in front of an Oroville gas station early Saturday morning.
At around 4 a.m. police got the call that a man was seriously injured in the area of the Valero gas station at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Feather River Boulevard. When officers arrived, they found Roger Dale Miller, 64, with facial injuries and a cut to his neck that he suffered in an apparent attack.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Later on in the day, police were called out to a second crime scene, this one a transient camp off Feather River Boulevard between Super 8 Motel and Motel 6. Officers interviewed witnesses and determined the suspect was Victor Albert Caldera, 40, a transient resident of Oroville.
Officers tracked Caldera down to a Motel 6 room where they arrested him and found additional evidence, they say, linking him to the death of Miller. He was taken to the Butte County Jail where he was booked on a murder charge.