Oroville Man Arrested For Murder Near Transient Camp
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – An Oroville man is under arrest accused of killing another man in front of an Oroville gas station early Saturday morning.
At around 4 a.m. police got the call that a man was seriously injured in the area of the Valero gas station at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Feather River Boulevard. When officers arrived, they found Roger Dale Miller, 64, with facial injuries and a cut to his neck that he suffered in an apparent attack.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Later on in the day, police were called out to a second crime scene, this one a transient camp off Feather River Boulevard between Super 8 Motel and Motel 6. Officers interviewed witnesses and determined the suspect was Victor Albert Caldera, 40, a transient resident of Oroville.
Officers tracked Caldera down to a Motel 6 room where they arrested him and found additional evidence, they say, linking him to the death of Miller. He was taken to the Butte County Jail where he was booked on a murder charge.