Oroville Man Arrested For Murder Near Transient Camp
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) – An Oroville man is under arrest accused of killing another man in front of an Oroville gas station early Saturday morning.
At around 4 a.m. police got the call that a man was seriously injured in the area of the Valero gas station at the intersection of Montgomery Street and Feather River Boulevard. When officers arrived, they found Roger Dale Miller, 64, with facial injuries and a cut to his neck that he suffered in an apparent attack.
Miller was pronounced dead at the scene.
Later on in the day, police were called out to a second crime scene, this one a transient camp off Feather River Boulevard between Super 8 Motel and Motel 6. Officers interviewed witnesses and determined the suspect was Victor Albert Caldera, 40, a transient resident of Oroville.
Officers tracked Caldera down to a Motel 6 room where they arrested him and found additional evidence, they say, linking him to the death of Miller. He was taken to the Butte County Jail where he was booked on a murder charge.