George Lucas Returns To Modesto To Celebrate ‘American Graffiti’
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
MODESTO (CBS13) — Filmmaker George Lucas made a rare appearance in his hometown to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his first movie.
Lucas came back to where it all started. Now a billionaire several times over, he set foot back in town wearing Levi’s and cowboy boots with no Hollywood entourage.
“I’m very happy to be where the inspiration for my movie came from,” he said.
Lucas served as the Grand Marshall of the Modesto American Graffiti Car Show and Festival parade.