George Lucas Returns To Modesto To Celebrate ‘American Graffiti’
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — Filmmaker George Lucas made a rare appearance in his hometown to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his first movie.
Lucas came back to where it all started. Now a billionaire several times over, he set foot back in town wearing Levi’s and cowboy boots with no Hollywood entourage.
“I’m very happy to be where the inspiration for my movie came from,” he said.
Lucas served as the Grand Marshall of the Modesto American Graffiti Car Show and Festival parade.