George Lucas Returns To Modesto To Celebrate ‘American Graffiti’
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
MODESTO (CBS13) — Filmmaker George Lucas made a rare appearance in his hometown to celebrate the 40th anniversary of his first movie.
Lucas came back to where it all started. Now a billionaire several times over, he set foot back in town wearing Levi’s and cowboy boots with no Hollywood entourage.
“I’m very happy to be where the inspiration for my movie came from,” he said.
Lucas served as the Grand Marshall of the Modesto American Graffiti Car Show and Festival parade.