[VIDEO] Nintendo Focuses On Games At E3 With New ‘Mario’
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
LOS ANGELES (AP) — It’s all about the games for Nintendo.
The Japanese gaming giant opted to showcase five games for its Wii U system at a brief Monday presentation at its booth instead of host a flashy presentation at the Electronic Entertainment Expo, the gaming industry’s annual trade show.
Nintendo showed off the anti-gravity racer “Mario Kart 8,” 2D platformer “Donkey Kong Country Returns: Tropical Freeze,” 3D platformer “Super Mario 3D World,” action sequel “Bayonetta 2″ and a speedier rendition of “The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.”
Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime says he wants E3 attendees to focus on playing games.
The company has struggled with the launch of the Wii U, which features an innovative tablet-like controller yet graphics on par with Microsoft’s Xbox 360 and Sony’s PlayStation 3.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.