Kidnapping Victim Calls 911, Leads Deputies To Suspect
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
PATTERSON (CBS13) – A victim being held for ransom in Patterson was able to call 911 and lead police to his alleged kidnapper Saturday.
The victim called 911 around 9:42 p.m., reporting that the suspects wanted $800 in exchange for his release.
An investigation quickly led Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies to the 600 block of Spooner Court.
At one point, investigators say the victim was allowed to leave the residence and to be taken into protective custody. Several suspects also emerged as investigators surrounded the home.
Jonathan Figueroa, 22, of Modesto, was arrested for kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, conspiracy by a person involved in gang activity and criminal gang activity. He is being held on $100,000 bail at the Stanislaus County Jail.
The victim’s injuries were not serious, and his identity is being withheld for safety reasons.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is encouraged to call Stanislaus County sheriff’s Det. Frank Soria with at (209) 521-4636. Calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous and you may be eligible for a cash reward. You can also e-mail tips at the Crime Stoppers website (http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers), or send information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637, type “TIP704” along with your message.