Kidnapping Victim Calls 911, Leads Deputies To Suspect
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PATTERSON (CBS13) – A victim being held for ransom in Patterson was able to call 911 and lead police to his alleged kidnapper Saturday.
The victim called 911 around 9:42 p.m., reporting that the suspects wanted $800 in exchange for his release.
An investigation quickly led Stanislaus County sheriff’s deputies to the 600 block of Spooner Court.
At one point, investigators say the victim was allowed to leave the residence and to be taken into protective custody. Several suspects also emerged as investigators surrounded the home.
Jonathan Figueroa, 22, of Modesto, was arrested for kidnapping, assault with a deadly weapon, robbery, conspiracy by a person involved in gang activity and criminal gang activity. He is being held on $100,000 bail at the Stanislaus County Jail.
The victim’s injuries were not serious, and his identity is being withheld for safety reasons.
The investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information regarding this investigation is encouraged to call Stanislaus County sheriff’s Det. Frank Soria with at (209) 521-4636. Calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous and you may be eligible for a cash reward. You can also e-mail tips at the Crime Stoppers website (http://www.modestopolice.com/CrimeStoppers), or send information to Crime Stoppers by sending a text message to 274637, type “TIP704” along with your message.