Fire Near Sacramento Airport Prompted Plane Crash Concerns
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A pair of Monday evening fires caught the attention of Sacramento-area residents and onlookers.
A fast-moving fire gutted a second-story apartment in the Pocket area of Sacramento.
The tenants at the Westlake Apartments say the fire started on the deck and quickly moved to inside their home along Shoal Court.
Nobody was injured and the fire is under investigation.
In a separate incident around 8:30 p.m., a grass fire near Sacramento International Airport had passersby convinced a plane had crashed.
The fire burned burned around 20 acres on Bayou Road near the Natomas border. Firefighters kept it from burning into a nearby cornfield.