Fire Near Sacramento Airport Prompted Plane Crash Concerns
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A pair of Monday evening fires caught the attention of Sacramento-area residents and onlookers.
A fast-moving fire gutted a second-story apartment in the Pocket area of Sacramento.
The tenants at the Westlake Apartments say the fire started on the deck and quickly moved to inside their home along Shoal Court.
Nobody was injured and the fire is under investigation.
In a separate incident around 8:30 p.m., a grass fire near Sacramento International Airport had passersby convinced a plane had crashed.
The fire burned burned around 20 acres on Bayou Road near the Natomas border. Firefighters kept it from burning into a nearby cornfield.