Fire Near Sacramento Airport Prompted Plane Crash Concerns
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A pair of Monday evening fires caught the attention of Sacramento-area residents and onlookers.
A fast-moving fire gutted a second-story apartment in the Pocket area of Sacramento.
The tenants at the Westlake Apartments say the fire started on the deck and quickly moved to inside their home along Shoal Court.
Nobody was injured and the fire is under investigation.
In a separate incident around 8:30 p.m., a grass fire near Sacramento International Airport had passersby convinced a plane had crashed.
The fire burned burned around 20 acres on Bayou Road near the Natomas border. Firefighters kept it from burning into a nearby cornfield.