Fire Near Sacramento Airport Prompted Plane Crash Concerns
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A pair of Monday evening fires caught the attention of Sacramento-area residents and onlookers.
A fast-moving fire gutted a second-story apartment in the Pocket area of Sacramento.
The tenants at the Westlake Apartments say the fire started on the deck and quickly moved to inside their home along Shoal Court.
Nobody was injured and the fire is under investigation.
In a separate incident around 8:30 p.m., a grass fire near Sacramento International Airport had passersby convinced a plane had crashed.
The fire burned burned around 20 acres on Bayou Road near the Natomas border. Firefighters kept it from burning into a nearby cornfield.