Fire Near Sacramento Airport Prompted Plane Crash Concerns
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A pair of Monday evening fires caught the attention of Sacramento-area residents and onlookers.
A fast-moving fire gutted a second-story apartment in the Pocket area of Sacramento.
The tenants at the Westlake Apartments say the fire started on the deck and quickly moved to inside their home along Shoal Court.
Nobody was injured and the fire is under investigation.
In a separate incident around 8:30 p.m., a grass fire near Sacramento International Airport had passersby convinced a plane had crashed.
The fire burned burned around 20 acres on Bayou Road near the Natomas border. Firefighters kept it from burning into a nearby cornfield.