Ice Crystals High In The Atmosphere Creating Halo Effect Around Sun
Don't Miss This
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
- San Joaquin Sheriff Investigating How Deputy’s Loaded Weapon Ended Up In Gang Member’s Hands
- Ancient Swamp Creature Named After Mick Jagger (KYMX)
- Woman Convicted In Torching Of Ex-Boyfriend’s Bed
Get Breaking News First
Northern California residents are taking note of a weather event happening in the sky today.
Moisture in the form of ice crystals in the cirrostratus clouds are creating a halo effect that appears to surround the sun. The moisture is being pushed into our region by a storm to the northwest over the Pacific Ocean.
— Ian Schwartz (@IanCBS13) June 18, 2013
It’s unknown exactly how far away the halo can be seen, but CBS13 viewers reported seeing it in Stockton and Oroville.