Ice Crystals High In The Atmosphere Creating Halo Effect Around Sun
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
Northern California residents are taking note of a weather event happening in the sky today.
Moisture in the form of ice crystals in the cirrostratus clouds are creating a halo effect that appears to surround the sun. The moisture is being pushed into our region by a storm to the northwest over the Pacific Ocean.
— Ian Schwartz (@IanCBS13) June 18, 2013
It’s unknown exactly how far away the halo can be seen, but CBS13 viewers reported seeing it in Stockton and Oroville.