Ice Crystals High In The Atmosphere Creating Halo Effect Around Sun
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
Northern California residents are taking note of a weather event happening in the sky today.
Moisture in the form of ice crystals in the cirrostratus clouds are creating a halo effect that appears to surround the sun. The moisture is being pushed into our region by a storm to the northwest over the Pacific Ocean.
— Ian Schwartz (@IanCBS13) June 18, 2013
It’s unknown exactly how far away the halo can be seen, but CBS13 viewers reported seeing it in Stockton and Oroville.