Ice Crystals High In The Atmosphere Creating Halo Effect Around Sun
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
Northern California residents are taking note of a weather event happening in the sky today.
Moisture in the form of ice crystals in the cirrostratus clouds are creating a halo effect that appears to surround the sun. The moisture is being pushed into our region by a storm to the northwest over the Pacific Ocean.
— Ian Schwartz (@IanCBS13) June 18, 2013
It’s unknown exactly how far away the halo can be seen, but CBS13 viewers reported seeing it in Stockton and Oroville.