Ice Crystals High In The Atmosphere Creating Halo Effect Around Sun
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
Northern California residents are taking note of a weather event happening in the sky today.
Moisture in the form of ice crystals in the cirrostratus clouds are creating a halo effect that appears to surround the sun. The moisture is being pushed into our region by a storm to the northwest over the Pacific Ocean.
— Ian Schwartz (@IanCBS13) June 18, 2013
It’s unknown exactly how far away the halo can be seen, but CBS13 viewers reported seeing it in Stockton and Oroville.