UPDATE: Natural Gas Leak In Downtown Sacramento Capped
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A natural gas leak in a downtown Sacramento neighborhood has been capped.
The line was accidentally severed at 11 and G Streets just before 8:30 a.m. by a worker who was digging around tree roots near the line. Nearby residents were asked to leave their homes as a precaution.
PG&E workers were able to cap the leak just before 9:30 a.m.
G Street between 11th and 12th Streets had been closed as a precaution, but has since re-opened.