UPDATE: Natural Gas Leak In Downtown Sacramento Capped
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A natural gas leak in a downtown Sacramento neighborhood has been capped.
The line was accidentally severed at 11 and G Streets just before 8:30 a.m. by a worker who was digging around tree roots near the line. Nearby residents were asked to leave their homes as a precaution.
PG&E workers were able to cap the leak just before 9:30 a.m.
G Street between 11th and 12th Streets had been closed as a precaution, but has since re-opened.