UPDATE: Natural Gas Leak In Downtown Sacramento Capped
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A natural gas leak in a downtown Sacramento neighborhood has been capped.
The line was accidentally severed at 11 and G Streets just before 8:30 a.m. by a worker who was digging around tree roots near the line. Nearby residents were asked to leave their homes as a precaution.
PG&E workers were able to cap the leak just before 9:30 a.m.
G Street between 11th and 12th Streets had been closed as a precaution, but has since re-opened.