Darrell Steinberg Considering Sacramento Mayoral Run
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Senate Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg told reporters Thursday he’s considering running for Sacramento mayor. The senate leader will be looking for a new public office once he’s termed out at the capitol next year.
Where will the dominoes fall? Finding that next job in politics often has the look of a never-ending game. Now, that perpetual motion has political minds at Sacramento city hall swirling with new possible scenarios.
Of course he wouldn’t want to run against his arena ally, Kevin Johnson, who’s now being discussed as a possible candidate for higher office.
Steinberg started as a Sacramento councilmember before holding state office. Others here have done the same. Bob Matsui went on to congress and Dave Jones to state insurance commissioner. You might call it a domino effect. One move can lead to many others, only this time, a move may lead Steinberg to come back to where his public life all started.