Darrell Steinberg Considering Sacramento Mayoral Run
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Senate Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg told reporters Thursday he’s considering running for Sacramento mayor. The senate leader will be looking for a new public office once he’s termed out at the capitol next year.
Where will the dominoes fall? Finding that next job in politics often has the look of a never-ending game. Now, that perpetual motion has political minds at Sacramento city hall swirling with new possible scenarios.
Of course he wouldn’t want to run against his arena ally, Kevin Johnson, who’s now being discussed as a possible candidate for higher office.
Steinberg started as a Sacramento councilmember before holding state office. Others here have done the same. Bob Matsui went on to congress and Dave Jones to state insurance commissioner. You might call it a domino effect. One move can lead to many others, only this time, a move may lead Steinberg to come back to where his public life all started.