Darrell Steinberg Considering Sacramento Mayoral Run
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Senate Pro Tem Darrell Steinberg told reporters Thursday he’s considering running for Sacramento mayor. The senate leader will be looking for a new public office once he’s termed out at the capitol next year.
Where will the dominoes fall? Finding that next job in politics often has the look of a never-ending game. Now, that perpetual motion has political minds at Sacramento city hall swirling with new possible scenarios.
Of course he wouldn’t want to run against his arena ally, Kevin Johnson, who’s now being discussed as a possible candidate for higher office.
Steinberg started as a Sacramento councilmember before holding state office. Others here have done the same. Bob Matsui went on to congress and Dave Jones to state insurance commissioner. You might call it a domino effect. One move can lead to many others, only this time, a move may lead Steinberg to come back to where his public life all started.