Car Crashes Into Power Pole Causing Lengthy Closure
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
LAKE OF THE PINES (CBS13) – A car hit a power pole in Nevada County on Tuesday morning knocking power lines onto the road.
CHP officers say the car was traveling on Combie Road near Magnolia Road when the driver fell asleep and hit a power pole, cutting it in half. Multiple power lines fell on the roadway and the car.
Fortunately, the driver was able to walk away from the crash.
PG&E crews are on the scene and say the cleanup could take up to 12 hours.
Officers recommend drivers take Dog Bar Road to access Highway 49.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported the crash occurred in Auburn