Car Crashes Into Power Pole Causing Lengthy Closure
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
LAKE OF THE PINES (CBS13) – A car hit a power pole in Nevada County on Tuesday morning knocking power lines onto the road.
CHP officers say the car was traveling on Combie Road near Magnolia Road when the driver fell asleep and hit a power pole, cutting it in half. Multiple power lines fell on the roadway and the car.
Fortunately, the driver was able to walk away from the crash.
PG&E crews are on the scene and say the cleanup could take up to 12 hours.
Officers recommend drivers take Dog Bar Road to access Highway 49.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported the crash occurred in Auburn