Car Crashes Into Power Pole Causing Lengthy Closure
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
LAKE OF THE PINES (CBS13) – A car hit a power pole in Nevada County on Tuesday morning knocking power lines onto the road.
CHP officers say the car was traveling on Combie Road near Magnolia Road when the driver fell asleep and hit a power pole, cutting it in half. Multiple power lines fell on the roadway and the car.
Fortunately, the driver was able to walk away from the crash.
PG&E crews are on the scene and say the cleanup could take up to 12 hours.
Officers recommend drivers take Dog Bar Road to access Highway 49.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported the crash occurred in Auburn