Car Crashes Into Power Pole Causing Lengthy Closure
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
LAKE OF THE PINES (CBS13) – A car hit a power pole in Nevada County on Tuesday morning knocking power lines onto the road.
CHP officers say the car was traveling on Combie Road near Magnolia Road when the driver fell asleep and hit a power pole, cutting it in half. Multiple power lines fell on the roadway and the car.
Fortunately, the driver was able to walk away from the crash.
PG&E crews are on the scene and say the cleanup could take up to 12 hours.
Officers recommend drivers take Dog Bar Road to access Highway 49.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported the crash occurred in Auburn