Car Crashes Into Power Pole Causing Lengthy Closure
Don't Miss This
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
- Folsom District’s Response To Seventh-Grader’s Suicide Drawing Heavy Scrutiny
LAKE OF THE PINES (CBS13) – A car hit a power pole in Nevada County on Tuesday morning knocking power lines onto the road.
CHP officers say the car was traveling on Combie Road near Magnolia Road when the driver fell asleep and hit a power pole, cutting it in half. Multiple power lines fell on the roadway and the car.
Fortunately, the driver was able to walk away from the crash.
PG&E crews are on the scene and say the cleanup could take up to 12 hours.
Officers recommend drivers take Dog Bar Road to access Highway 49.
Editor’s note: A previous version of this story incorrectly reported the crash occurred in Auburn