Man Who Allegedly Lead Police On Chase Found Hiding In Hotel Room
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man was arrested Wednesday evening after allegedly leading police on a high-speed chase and foot pursuit.
The incident began with a traffic stop at 6:19 p.m. on Edgewater Road and Lampasas Avenue in Sacramento, according to a Sacramento Police Department statement.
Police tried to pull over Stephen Wood, 43, who was riding a motorcycle. He allegedly sped off, leading officers on a chase onto Interstate 80, and then returned to surface streets. He ditched the motorcycle in the 3600 block of Madison Avenue in North Highlands and hid in a vacant room at a nearby hotel.
Officers located the room where Wood was hiding and forced their way inside. Wood was incompliant with officers and was taken into custody with the help of a police K9.
The motorcycle was reported as stolen.
Wood was treated at the hospital for injuries he received during the incident and was arrested on felony charges of evasion of a police officer in a reckless manner, vehicle theft, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property and possession of metal knuckles. He also faces misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and unauthorized entry into a dwelling. He’s also charged with violating the terms of his post release community supervision.
He is being held without bail in the Sacramento County Main Jail.