Man Who Allegedly Lead Police On Chase Found Hiding In Hotel Room
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – A man was arrested Wednesday evening after allegedly leading police on a high-speed chase and foot pursuit.
The incident began with a traffic stop at 6:19 p.m. on Edgewater Road and Lampasas Avenue in Sacramento, according to a Sacramento Police Department statement.
Police tried to pull over Stephen Wood, 43, who was riding a motorcycle. He allegedly sped off, leading officers on a chase onto Interstate 80, and then returned to surface streets. He ditched the motorcycle in the 3600 block of Madison Avenue in North Highlands and hid in a vacant room at a nearby hotel.
Officers located the room where Wood was hiding and forced their way inside. Wood was incompliant with officers and was taken into custody with the help of a police K9.
The motorcycle was reported as stolen.
Wood was treated at the hospital for injuries he received during the incident and was arrested on felony charges of evasion of a police officer in a reckless manner, vehicle theft, resisting arrest, possession of stolen property and possession of metal knuckles. He also faces misdemeanor charges of possession of drug paraphernalia and unauthorized entry into a dwelling. He’s also charged with violating the terms of his post release community supervision.
He is being held without bail in the Sacramento County Main Jail.