Sacramento Restore The Fourth Protesters Take To Cesar Chavez Park
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A group of protesters rallied at Cesar Chavez Park in downtown Sacramento as part of a nationwide Restore The Fourth Rally.
Demonstrators in Sacramento say they’re trying to raise awareness about government spy projects they say violate Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
“Our laws haven’t kept up with technology and I think we need to work harder to protect our privacy as Americans,” said Jim Sink.
Last month U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden revealed the existence of a secret government surveillance program.