Sacramento Restore The Fourth Protesters Take To Cesar Chavez Park
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A group of protesters rallied at Cesar Chavez Park in downtown Sacramento as part of a nationwide Restore The Fourth Rally.
Demonstrators in Sacramento say they’re trying to raise awareness about government spy projects they say violate Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
“Our laws haven’t kept up with technology and I think we need to work harder to protect our privacy as Americans,” said Jim Sink.
Last month U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden revealed the existence of a secret government surveillance program.