Sacramento Restore The Fourth Protesters Take To Cesar Chavez Park
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A group of protesters rallied at Cesar Chavez Park in downtown Sacramento as part of a nationwide Restore The Fourth Rally.
Demonstrators in Sacramento say they’re trying to raise awareness about government spy projects they say violate Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
“Our laws haven’t kept up with technology and I think we need to work harder to protect our privacy as Americans,” said Jim Sink.
Last month U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden revealed the existence of a secret government surveillance program.