Sacramento Restore The Fourth Protesters Take To Cesar Chavez Park
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A group of protesters rallied at Cesar Chavez Park in downtown Sacramento as part of a nationwide Restore The Fourth Rally.
Demonstrators in Sacramento say they’re trying to raise awareness about government spy projects they say violate Americans’ Fourth Amendment rights against unreasonable searches and seizures.
“Our laws haven’t kept up with technology and I think we need to work harder to protect our privacy as Americans,” said Jim Sink.
Last month U.S. intelligence contractor Edward Snowden revealed the existence of a secret government surveillance program.