Man Dies After Being Hit By Bicyclist Suspected Of DUI At Donner Lake
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 46-year-old pedestrian who was struck by a possibly drunk bicyclist at Donner Lake on the Fourth of July has died of his injuries.
Truckee police say Sparks, Nev. resident Leonard Richard Whitlow was initially taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital and then transferred to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with head injuries.
Police say the 24-year-old woman who hit him about 9:30 p.m. Thursday had been riding her bike along Donner Lake before a fireworks show.
She was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and booked into the Nevada County Jail. She’s been identified as Truckee resident Petra Bakker-Borhani.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.