Man Dies After Being Hit By Bicyclist Suspected Of DUI At Donner Lake
Don't Miss This
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
- Police: California Plane Stowaway Arrested At Phoenix Airport
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 46-year-old pedestrian who was struck by a possibly drunk bicyclist at Donner Lake on the Fourth of July has died of his injuries.
Truckee police say Sparks, Nev. resident Leonard Richard Whitlow was initially taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital and then transferred to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with head injuries.
Police say the 24-year-old woman who hit him about 9:30 p.m. Thursday had been riding her bike along Donner Lake before a fireworks show.
She was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and booked into the Nevada County Jail. She’s been identified as Truckee resident Petra Bakker-Borhani.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.