Man Dies After Being Hit By Bicyclist Suspected Of DUI At Donner Lake
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 46-year-old pedestrian who was struck by a possibly drunk bicyclist at Donner Lake on the Fourth of July has died of his injuries.
Truckee police say Sparks, Nev. resident Leonard Richard Whitlow was initially taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital and then transferred to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with head injuries.
Police say the 24-year-old woman who hit him about 9:30 p.m. Thursday had been riding her bike along Donner Lake before a fireworks show.
She was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and booked into the Nevada County Jail. She’s been identified as Truckee resident Petra Bakker-Borhani.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.