Man Dies After Being Hit By Bicyclist Suspected Of DUI At Donner Lake
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
TRUCKEE, Calif. (AP) — A 46-year-old pedestrian who was struck by a possibly drunk bicyclist at Donner Lake on the Fourth of July has died of his injuries.
Truckee police say Sparks, Nev. resident Leonard Richard Whitlow was initially taken to Tahoe Forest Hospital and then transferred to Renown Regional Medical Center in Reno with head injuries.
Police say the 24-year-old woman who hit him about 9:30 p.m. Thursday had been riding her bike along Donner Lake before a fireworks show.
She was arrested on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol and booked into the Nevada County Jail. She’s been identified as Truckee resident Petra Bakker-Borhani.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.