UC Davis Adds Highly Paid Public Relations Guru To Help Boost Image
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) — The University of California, Davis, is adding an associate chancellor’s position at a $260,000 annual salary as part of a plan to improve the university’s image.
The Sacramento Bee reports the university hired Luanne Lawrence as associate chancellor for strategic communications earlier this year at a salary higher than any other campus communications chief in the University of California system.
The university’s image has suffered since a 2011 incident in which a campus police officer used pepper spray on students who were protesting tuition increases. Video of the incident went viral.
Lawrence says her job includes persuading potential students and donors that the university can compete despite decreasing state funding for higher education. The university also wants to boost enrollment by 5,000 students by 2020.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.