Former Appeal-Democrat Editor Pronounced Dead By Sutter County Judge
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
The former editor of the Appeal-Democrat newspaper has been declared dead, after a brief hearing in Sutter County.
Len La Barth had been missing since March 6 of this year. His vehicle was found by the CHP parked near the Golden Gate Bridge with several notes inside it.
He was an editor for the newspaper and the Tri-County Newspapers chain from 2006 to 2012.
He guided the newspaper through a difficult period where its parent company, Freedom Communications, had filed for bankruptcy, and the newspaper was up for sale.
During his tenure, the newspaper was named by Editor & Publisher as one of its 10 Newspapers Doing It Right in 2011.