Former Appeal-Democrat Editor Pronounced Dead By Sutter County Judge
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
The former editor of the Appeal-Democrat newspaper has been declared dead, after a brief hearing in Sutter County.
Len La Barth had been missing since March 6 of this year. His vehicle was found by the CHP parked near the Golden Gate Bridge with several notes inside it.
He was an editor for the newspaper and the Tri-County Newspapers chain from 2006 to 2012.
He guided the newspaper through a difficult period where its parent company, Freedom Communications, had filed for bankruptcy, and the newspaper was up for sale.
During his tenure, the newspaper was named by Editor & Publisher as one of its 10 Newspapers Doing It Right in 2011.