Former Whitney High School Teacher Pleads Guilty To Sexual Relationship With Student
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A former Whitney High School teacher pleaded guilty to having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student.
On Wednesday, 33-year-old Matthew Scott Yamamoto pleaded guilty to four felony counts in connection to his arrest last September.
As part of the agreement, Yamamoto pleaded no contest to oral copulation with a minor, attempted sexual intercourse with a minor and sexual penetration on a minor. He also pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to obstructing justice.
Several related misdemeanor counts were also dismissed. However, the facts leading to those charges can be used in consideration of his sentencing.
Yamamoto faces a maximum of five years in state prison, and may be required to register as a sex offender.
Sentencing is scheduled for November 19 in Placer County Superior Court.