Former Whitney High School Teacher Pleads Guilty To Sexual Relationship With Student
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A former Whitney High School teacher pleaded guilty to having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student.
On Wednesday, 33-year-old Matthew Scott Yamamoto pleaded guilty to four felony counts in connection to his arrest last September.
As part of the agreement, Yamamoto pleaded no contest to oral copulation with a minor, attempted sexual intercourse with a minor and sexual penetration on a minor. He also pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to obstructing justice.
Several related misdemeanor counts were also dismissed. However, the facts leading to those charges can be used in consideration of his sentencing.
Yamamoto faces a maximum of five years in state prison, and may be required to register as a sex offender.
Sentencing is scheduled for November 19 in Placer County Superior Court.