Former Whitney High School Teacher Pleads Guilty To Sexual Relationship With Student
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A former Whitney High School teacher pleaded guilty to having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student.
On Wednesday, 33-year-old Matthew Scott Yamamoto pleaded guilty to four felony counts in connection to his arrest last September.
As part of the agreement, Yamamoto pleaded no contest to oral copulation with a minor, attempted sexual intercourse with a minor and sexual penetration on a minor. He also pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to obstructing justice.
Several related misdemeanor counts were also dismissed. However, the facts leading to those charges can be used in consideration of his sentencing.
Yamamoto faces a maximum of five years in state prison, and may be required to register as a sex offender.
Sentencing is scheduled for November 19 in Placer County Superior Court.