Former Whitney High School Teacher Pleads Guilty To Sexual Relationship With Student
Don't Miss This
- Farmers Say Christmas Trees Make Great Goat Snacks
- Wisconsin Man Celebrates 40 Christmases With 1 Tree
- Arden Fair Mall Security Uses Lessons Learned In Previous Brawl To Diffuse Situation
- 2 Teens Arrested After Fight That Closed Arden Fair Mall Early
- Northern California School Bans ‘I Can’t Breathe’ T-Shirts At Tournament
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A former Whitney High School teacher pleaded guilty to having an inappropriate sexual relationship with a student.
On Wednesday, 33-year-old Matthew Scott Yamamoto pleaded guilty to four felony counts in connection to his arrest last September.
As part of the agreement, Yamamoto pleaded no contest to oral copulation with a minor, attempted sexual intercourse with a minor and sexual penetration on a minor. He also pleaded guilty to one felony count of conspiracy to obstructing justice.
Several related misdemeanor counts were also dismissed. However, the facts leading to those charges can be used in consideration of his sentencing.
Yamamoto faces a maximum of five years in state prison, and may be required to register as a sex offender.
Sentencing is scheduled for November 19 in Placer County Superior Court.