Tanker Carrying 8K Gallons Of Gas Catches Fire In Escalon
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ESCALON (CBS13) – The driver of a gas tanker was pulled out by bystanders after the it went up in flames Saturday.
The tanker was carrying 8,000 gallons of fuel and caught fire after it collided with a box truck in Escalon along Mariposa Road.
Officials say the flames spread to the road, threatening two nearby homes.
Firefighters coming from fighting the Rim Fire saw the flames and helped put out the blaze, as well as the tanker fire.
The road is still closed.
California Highway Patrol confirmed the driver of the tanker died. His identity will be released by the San Joaquin Coroner’s Office pending next of kin notification.