Tanker Carrying 8K Gallons Of Gas Catches Fire In Escalon
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
ESCALON (CBS13) – The driver of a gas tanker was pulled out by bystanders after the it went up in flames Saturday.
The tanker was carrying 8,000 gallons of fuel and caught fire after it collided with a box truck in Escalon along Mariposa Road.
Officials say the flames spread to the road, threatening two nearby homes.
Firefighters coming from fighting the Rim Fire saw the flames and helped put out the blaze, as well as the tanker fire.
The road is still closed.
California Highway Patrol confirmed the driver of the tanker died. His identity will be released by the San Joaquin Coroner’s Office pending next of kin notification.