Tanker Carrying 8K Gallons Of Gas Catches Fire In Escalon
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
ESCALON (CBS13) – The driver of a gas tanker was pulled out by bystanders after the it went up in flames Saturday.
The tanker was carrying 8,000 gallons of fuel and caught fire after it collided with a box truck in Escalon along Mariposa Road.
Officials say the flames spread to the road, threatening two nearby homes.
Firefighters coming from fighting the Rim Fire saw the flames and helped put out the blaze, as well as the tanker fire.
The road is still closed.
California Highway Patrol confirmed the driver of the tanker died. His identity will be released by the San Joaquin Coroner’s Office pending next of kin notification.