Tanker Carrying 8K Gallons Of Gas Catches Fire In Escalon
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ESCALON (CBS13) – The driver of a gas tanker was pulled out by bystanders after the it went up in flames Saturday.
The tanker was carrying 8,000 gallons of fuel and caught fire after it collided with a box truck in Escalon along Mariposa Road.
Officials say the flames spread to the road, threatening two nearby homes.
Firefighters coming from fighting the Rim Fire saw the flames and helped put out the blaze, as well as the tanker fire.
The road is still closed.
California Highway Patrol confirmed the driver of the tanker died. His identity will be released by the San Joaquin Coroner’s Office pending next of kin notification.