Rim Fire Becomes Third-Largest Wildfire In California History
Don't Miss This
- Turlock Designer’s Idea Puts Quick, Complex Games In Your Pocket
- How Did Luis Enrique Monroy-Bracamonte Hide In United States Illegally Until Deputy Killings?
- Gas Station Robber Regrets Taking Money, Returns It And Apologizes Hours Later
- Feds Issue Warning: Please Stop Taking Selfies With Bears
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
Get Breaking News First
TUOLUMNE COUNTY (CBS13) — As of 6 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 29, the Rim Fire was the third-largest wildfire in California’s recorded history.
Here are the Top 10, complete with name, cause, date, location and acreage.
1. CEDAR (HUMAN)
2. RUSH (LIGHTNING)
3. RIM (UNDER INVESTIGATION)
257,135 (as of 6 p.m. on 9/29/13)
4. ZACA (HUMAN)
5. MATILIJA (UNDETERMINED)
6. WITCH (POWERLINES)
7. KLAMATH THEATER COMPLEX (LIGHTNING)
8. MARBLE CONE (LIGHTNING)
9. LAGUNA (POWERLINES)
10. BASIN COMPLEX (LIGHTNING)