Golden Gate Bridge Officials Approve Median
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Golden Gate Bridge officials have approved the purchase of a $26.5 million steel and concrete median to separate southbound and northbound traffic.
The bridge’s board of directors on Friday accepted the recommendation of its building and operating committee in favor of buying the median and installing it during a 52-hour weekend bridge closure next year.
Opposing traffic on the bridge is currently separated by a row of yellow plastic tubes. Officials say the median would prevent head-on collisions. It would be moveable as well.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.