Golden Gate Bridge Officials Approve Median
Don't Miss This
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
- Sacramento Sheriff: Immigration Message to President Obama Was Nonpartisan
- Former FOX40 Anchor, Former Fiancé Enter ‘Not Guilty’ Pleas
- Musical Performers Announced For ‘Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show’
- Utah Woman Wears Colander For Driver’s License Photo As Religious Statement
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Golden Gate Bridge officials have approved the purchase of a $26.5 million steel and concrete median to separate southbound and northbound traffic.
The bridge’s board of directors on Friday accepted the recommendation of its building and operating committee in favor of buying the median and installing it during a 52-hour weekend bridge closure next year.
Opposing traffic on the bridge is currently separated by a row of yellow plastic tubes. Officials say the median would prevent head-on collisions. It would be moveable as well.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.