Golden Gate Bridge Officials Approve Median
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Golden Gate Bridge officials have approved the purchase of a $26.5 million steel and concrete median to separate southbound and northbound traffic.
The bridge’s board of directors on Friday accepted the recommendation of its building and operating committee in favor of buying the median and installing it during a 52-hour weekend bridge closure next year.
Opposing traffic on the bridge is currently separated by a row of yellow plastic tubes. Officials say the median would prevent head-on collisions. It would be moveable as well.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.