Caught On Video: Man Punches Female Store Clerk In The Face Over 41 Cents
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (CBS) – A store clerk in Southern California was punched in the face by man over just a few coins.
KCBS-TV in Los Angeles reports “Yadira”, 23, was working at the store on Sept. 7, 2013 when a man came into the Lakewood convenience store and asked for Swisher Sweets cigar and put $1 down on the counter. When she told him it cost 41 cents more, the man refused to pay and became belligerent.
“He just says, ‘Well, this is all I have….(expletive) whatever.’ And I was like, ‘You need to get out of the store.’ I was like, ‘I’m sorry.’ And he tries to snatch it,” Yadira told KCBS.
The man then leaned across the counter and punched her in the face, then left.
Detectives said the man took off and none of the other customers jumped into action right away.
“Really, over 41 cents? Imagine if he got like that — imagine what else would have happened. That’s the thing that came to my head. I hope it doesn’t ever happen to anybody,” she said. “There are cowards out there that are willing to do stupid stuff.”
Police are still looking for leads in the case.