EDD Working Through Weekend To Send Out Checks
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – EDD employees are working through the weekend to deal with the unemployment backlog.
The agency says about 40,000 people are still waiting for their unemployment checks. The backlog started when the department upgraded its computer system over the Labor Day weekend.
“Any claimants affected by this process will be notified that if they are found ineligible at a later date for the payment they receive, the EDD will be required to establish an overpayment and work to collect that amount,” said Loree Levy, EDD spokesperson.
This week, the state said it will begin processing claims and review whether people are eligible later.
Levy says they hope to send more payments on Monday night.