Hay Fire In Winters Expected To Last Few More Days
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WINTERS (CBS13) – Firefighters are making progress on a massive hay fire burning in Winters. Crews initially thought the blaze would burn for a week, but they now say it will last only a few more days.
The fire was sparked late Thursday night just north of Winters, along Interstate 505 at a business called Hay Kingdom. Flames are still lighting up the entire property and sending up big clouds of smoke.
Bulldozers, excavators and water tenders are at the business working to extinguish flames that destroyed four buildings full of hay and other equipment. Damage was initially estimated at $6 million.
The fire department says the crews working on the fire are private crews hired by the business owner. Public agencies stopped working on the fire after they determined the fire wasn’t going to spread.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.