Hay Fire In Winters Expected To Last Few More Days
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
WINTERS (CBS13) – Firefighters are making progress on a massive hay fire burning in Winters. Crews initially thought the blaze would burn for a week, but they now say it will last only a few more days.
The fire was sparked late Thursday night just north of Winters, along Interstate 505 at a business called Hay Kingdom. Flames are still lighting up the entire property and sending up big clouds of smoke.
Bulldozers, excavators and water tenders are at the business working to extinguish flames that destroyed four buildings full of hay and other equipment. Damage was initially estimated at $6 million.
The fire department says the crews working on the fire are private crews hired by the business owner. Public agencies stopped working on the fire after they determined the fire wasn’t going to spread.
The cause of the fire remains under investigation.