Foot Golf Attracts More Than 2,000 To Haggin Oaks Golf Complex
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — People are teeing up at Haggin Oaks Golf Complex and having a ball doing it—a soccer ball that is.
In the past 10 weeks, the first Northern California golf course to offer up foot golf has seen more than 2,000 people get their kicks in.
Lilly Bewley and her friends have been hooked ever since they came across the new sport, discovering that there are times when you want to let ’er rip, or lightly finesse the ball toward the hole.
“Just like golf, the putting, the short game is where you need to be making your best strokes,” said Karl Van Dessel, the complex’s foot golf coordinator. “It’s all about touch.”
Unlike in soccer, nobody’s sprinting or fighting off defenders. Foot golf does have sand traps and shots that just miss, just like regular golf.
For now, Haggin Oaks is the only local golf course offering the sport, but Bing Maloney will have its own course up and running in November.