NEVADA COUNTY (CBS13) — Nevada County Sheriff’s deputies say it’s one of the easiest drug busts they’ve done in a while: a woman contacted them out of the blue to sell them drugs.
Deputies say the Grass Valley woman tried to arrange a drug deal through a text, but she messed up the number.
Lt. Steven Tripp says Jessie Mulligan tried to text a friend on Friday to say she had some drugs to sell, but she messed up the number and ended up texting a narcotics detective.
After a few texts back and forth, detectives say they arranged a meeting, where they arrested her.
“She was surprised,” Tripp said. “She probably felt a little bit silly that she had contacted law enforcement.”
Mulligan probably wishes she had a mulligan on that text, but detectives were happy to have a convenient drug bust that landed right in their lap.
“When we get calls from criminals saying, ‘Hey, do you want to buy something?’ and it happens to be stolen, or of a criminal nature, sure, absolutely it makes our job easier,” Tripp said.
Mulligan faces three felony charges related to her wrong number.
- Medical Marijuana Overgrows Tough To Enforce In Nevada County
- Nevada County Deputies Ditch Shredded Weed Along Hiking Trails
- Grass Valley Woman’s Show Horse Mauled In Rare Mountain Lion Attack
- Grass Valley Froyo Shop Caught Between History And Bathroom Regulations
- Investigators: Illegal Items Found In Home Of Sacramento Deputy Accused Of Molestation
- Sacramento County Deputy Accused Of Sexually Assaulting Teen For Years
- UPDATE: Nevada County Woman’s Stolen Harps Recovered