NBA Commissioner David Stern Sends Message To Kings Fans on Instagram
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
With five days until Wednesday’s home opener, David Stern sent a message to Sacramento Kings fans on Instagram.
“28 years ago today, we rang in a new generation of NBA basketball in Sacramento and I look forward to being there with you in five days for the Kings 29th home opener. Forever Purple,” he said in an Instagram video.
The commissioner previously announced he’d be attending the Oct. 30 home opener.
In his final NBA Board of Governors meeting before retiring as commissioner, Stern picked a different sport to describe Sacramento’s arena progress.
“It’s really going swimmingly,” he said.
The Kings say they made a splash and are lapping the competition with more new season ticket packages than any other franchise, and Stern says the new ownership is on pace with this new arena projections.