NBA Commissioner David Stern Sends Message To Kings Fans on Instagram
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
With five days until Wednesday’s home opener, David Stern sent a message to Sacramento Kings fans on Instagram.
“28 years ago today, we rang in a new generation of NBA basketball in Sacramento and I look forward to being there with you in five days for the Kings 29th home opener. Forever Purple,” he said in an Instagram video.
The commissioner previously announced he’d be attending the Oct. 30 home opener.
In his final NBA Board of Governors meeting before retiring as commissioner, Stern picked a different sport to describe Sacramento’s arena progress.
“It’s really going swimmingly,” he said.
The Kings say they made a splash and are lapping the competition with more new season ticket packages than any other franchise, and Stern says the new ownership is on pace with this new arena projections.