NBA Commissioner David Stern Sends Message To Kings Fans on Instagram
Don't Miss This
- Yuba City Officer, Woman Shot Overnight
- Roseville Cuddling Business In High Demand As Holiday Season Approaches
- Woodland Police Acquire MRAP Rejected By Davis City Council Amid Police Militarization Debate
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
With five days until Wednesday’s home opener, David Stern sent a message to Sacramento Kings fans on Instagram.
“28 years ago today, we rang in a new generation of NBA basketball in Sacramento and I look forward to being there with you in five days for the Kings 29th home opener. Forever Purple,” he said in an Instagram video.
The commissioner previously announced he’d be attending the Oct. 30 home opener.
In his final NBA Board of Governors meeting before retiring as commissioner, Stern picked a different sport to describe Sacramento’s arena progress.
“It’s really going swimmingly,” he said.
The Kings say they made a splash and are lapping the competition with more new season ticket packages than any other franchise, and Stern says the new ownership is on pace with this new arena projections.