Jason Gilley Sentenced To Life In Prison For Kidnapping, Killing Dalene Carlson
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man convicted of kidnapping and murdering a young woman two years ago has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Jason Gilley was found guilty in October of killing 23-year-old Dalene Carlson.
Police say Dalene knew Gilley for about a week before she disappeared the night of Aug. 7. They believe the night she went missing, she willingly left Finnegan’s Bar and Grill with Gilley. A short time later, cameras at a nearby Food For Less captured the pair shopping.
Carlson’s body was eventually found in a cornfield with three gunshot wounds: one to the back of the head and two to her abdominal area.
Police say “inconsistencies” in Gilley’s statements led to his arrest two weeks after Carlson’s disappearance. A dozen witnesses testified during Gilley’s preliminary hearing, revealing in part that Gilley gave a false alibi, changed his story multiple times, and was likely in possession of the murder weapon during the night Carson vanished from Finnegan’s Bar.
Gilley faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Gilley was also accused of raping Carlson, but that charge ended in a mistrial.
- The Grant Napear Show – October 17, 2014 – Seg 8
- The Grant Napear Show – October 17, 2014 – Seg 7
- The Grant Napear Show – October 17, 2014 – Seg 6
- The Grant Napear Show – October 17, 2014 – Seg 5
- The Grant Napear Show – October 17, 2014 – Seg 4