Jason Gilley Sentenced To Life In Prison For Kidnapping, Killing Dalene Carlson
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man convicted of kidnapping and murdering a young woman two years ago has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Jason Gilley was found guilty in October of killing 23-year-old Dalene Carlson.
Police say Dalene knew Gilley for about a week before she disappeared the night of Aug. 7. They believe the night she went missing, she willingly left Finnegan’s Bar and Grill with Gilley. A short time later, cameras at a nearby Food For Less captured the pair shopping.
Carlson’s body was eventually found in a cornfield with three gunshot wounds: one to the back of the head and two to her abdominal area.
Police say “inconsistencies” in Gilley’s statements led to his arrest two weeks after Carlson’s disappearance. A dozen witnesses testified during Gilley’s preliminary hearing, revealing in part that Gilley gave a false alibi, changed his story multiple times, and was likely in possession of the murder weapon during the night Carson vanished from Finnegan’s Bar.
Gilley faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Gilley was also accused of raping Carlson, but that charge ended in a mistrial.
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Ranch Cordova Facebook Watch Group
- VIDEO: California Highway Patrol Sending More Than Two Dozen Units To Oakland For Ferguson Protests
- Keidel: Giving Thanks For Sports
- Bears-Lions Fantasy Starters: Matt Forte, Matthew Stafford, And Calvin Johnson