Jason Gilley Sentenced To Life In Prison For Kidnapping, Killing Dalene Carlson
STOCKTON (CBS13) – A Stockton man convicted of kidnapping and murdering a young woman two years ago has been sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole, according to the Stockton Police Department.
Jason Gilley was found guilty in October of killing 23-year-old Dalene Carlson.
Police say Dalene knew Gilley for about a week before she disappeared the night of Aug. 7. They believe the night she went missing, she willingly left Finnegan’s Bar and Grill with Gilley. A short time later, cameras at a nearby Food For Less captured the pair shopping.
Carlson’s body was eventually found in a cornfield with three gunshot wounds: one to the back of the head and two to her abdominal area.
Police say “inconsistencies” in Gilley’s statements led to his arrest two weeks after Carlson’s disappearance. A dozen witnesses testified during Gilley’s preliminary hearing, revealing in part that Gilley gave a false alibi, changed his story multiple times, and was likely in possession of the murder weapon during the night Carson vanished from Finnegan’s Bar.
Gilley faces life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Gilley was also accused of raping Carlson, but that charge ended in a mistrial.
- UC Davis Scientist: Up To 10 Percent Of Central Valley Smog Comes From Asia
- Sacramento Kings Adviser Chris Mullin Confirmed As New Coach At St. John’s
- Man Targeted In Underage Alcohol Sting Accused Of Selling Decoy Psychedelic Mushrooms
- The Deuce and Jason Ross Show – March 31, 2015 – Segment Six
- Sacramento Kings PF Jason Thompson Joins Deuce and J-Ross