Woman Uses Throwing Ax To Scare Off Thief
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
HEMET, Calif. (AP) — Police say a Southern California woman can throw a mean ax — and she used one to chase a burglar out of her house.
Hemet police said in a statement Monday that the woman called 911 and said she was awakened by a man trying to remove her watch from her wrist on Saturday morning.
The woman told police she’s a tomahawk throwing champion, and she quickly grabbed a throwing ax and chased the man out of the apartment.
Police searched the area and found a man hiding behind some nearby bushes, along with some property belonging to the woman.
Twenty-two-year-old Nicholas Ulloa was arrested on suspicion of burglary. He remains jailed.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.