Man Arrested For Mooning Motorists
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FREMONT, Calif. (AP) — A California man who police say dropped his pants and mooned passing motorists on a highway has been arrested for investigation of being drunk in public.
The San Jose Mercury News reports 30-year-old Richard Blankenship was arrested late Wednesday and booked into jail. He was later released after police say he sobered up.
Police say a motorist called 911 to say a man had been flashing traffic in the Fremont area. Another caller said the man was standing in the center median, mooning people and yelling strange things. Blankenship also allegedly ran in and out of traffic and was nearly hit by a vehicle.
There were no reports of any injuries.
Police officials did not say what Blankenship’s motives were for the alleged flashing.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.