Thunder Valley Casino Gambler Allegedly Left 5-Year-Old Son In Car For Nearly 3 Hours
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
LINCOLN (CBS13) – An Oxnard man gambling at Thunder Valley Casino for several hours was arrested early Tuesday morning after his 5-year-old son was found wandering.
The woman who found the child told police he was barefoot, crying and yelling for his father. The boy had crossed a driveway by himself before he was found by the woman and her husband, who were returning to their car at 4:30 a.m.
Casino surveillance video showed the boy’s father, 42-year-old Don V. Vo, leaving his son behind in his car at 1:50 a.m.
Vo was gambling until 4:45 a.m., until security escorted him out for questioning by Placer County deputies.
He was arrested on a felony charge of child endangerment and was booked at Placer County Jail.
Vo’s son is with Child Protective Services.
Editor’s Note: In a previous version of this story, the Placer County Sheriff’s Office erroneously reported the child had crossed Athens Avenue, which has been corrected.
- Thunder Valley Casino Gambler Allegedly Left 5-Year-Old Son In Car For Nearly 3 Hours
- CBS13 Clears Confusion Over Thunder Valley Casino Bus Licensing
- Thunder Valley Casino Janitor Finds $10K In Cash, Returns It To Owner
- Stolen iPhone Leads To High Speed Chase Through 2 Counties
- Tour Bus Bound For Thunder Valley Involved In I-80 Accident
- UPDATE: Grass Fire Contained Near Thunder Valley Casino