Winters Mother Allegedly Killed By Ex-Boyfriend Had Restraining Order Against Him
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
WINTERS (CBS13) — The young mother who was killed on Monday had done everything she could to keep her alleged killer and ex-boyfriend William Gardner away from her and her family.
As a memorial in Winters continues to grow, court documents reveal Gardner had a restraining order against him when he allegedly killed Leslie Pinkston outside of her walk.
Gardner has a long criminal history, and now Police say that he shot Pinkston in the head as she sat in her SUV outside of her office.
Family and friends say the two dated, and the breakup was messy.
CBS13 found that Gardner showed up at Pinkston’s mother’s home, through a chair through a window and smashed the windows of a car.
After that incident, both women filed a restraining order.
Pinkston’s brother says Gardner did the same thing at his house two years earlier.
Her family said Pinkston had taken steps to protect her family, but now the mother of a 6-year-old girl is dead, and the small community of Winters is still in shock.
Gardner hasn’t been caught. He was last seen driving a tan car, and he is considered armed and dangerous.
In 2004, he was convicted for possession of a controlled substance. A year later he was convicted of carrying a loaded, concealed weapon. And two years ago this week, he pleaded no contest to domestic violence and making criminal threats.