Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- After General Mills Posts Drop In Profits, Future Of Lodi Cereal Plant Looks Bleak
- California Corrections Officers Honored For Overcoming Odds, Saving Others
- Sacramento Trying To Sell MLS Officials On City’s Plans To Be Home Of League’s Newest Team
- Stockton Man Accused Of Sexually Abusing Grandchild, Niece
- River Cats Make Jump From A’s To Giants Official