Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
- Davis Police MRAP Just One Of Hundreds Of Items Acquired From Military Surplus In Yolo County
- East Porterville Residents Without Water As Wells Go Dry During California Drought
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- Stockton Police Hope Surveillance Video Helps Find Teen’s Killer
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Compassion Planet Helps Foster Children Who Age Out Of Program
- Brown Grass Is Sexy: Rancho Cordova Family Sends Drought Message On Instagram