Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- Man Accused Of Stabbing Sacramento Woman To Death Arrested
- Old Sacramento’s Gold Rush Days Panned Because Of Drought
- Colusa Husband And Wife Arrested For Allegedly Kidnapping Teen Who Made Their Child Cry
- Dolls Lefts On Doorsteps Were Meant To Spread Cheer Not Chill
- 5 Women Who Have Been Killin’ It This Summer
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- Crews Working To Repair Gas Line Leak In Sacramento Roadway
- Woman Assaulted During Elk Grove Home Invasion Robbery
- Wildland Fire Burning Near Foresthill In Placer County
- Where Is Water For Sacramento County Housing Project Coming From During Drought
- Stockton Man Fights Off Four Home Burglars After Being Shot In Leg