Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- VIDEO: California Highway Patrol Sending More Than Two Dozen Units To Oakland For Ferguson Protests
- Crews Battle Fire At Grass Valley Home
- Call Kurtis: City Charging Yard Waste Fees To People With No Yards
- Health Insurance Sign-Ups Coming To Shopping Malls