Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- 2 Sonora High School Students Arrested For Sexual Assault
- DUI Arrest Is California Democrats’ Latest Blow
- CHP: State Senator Arrested Under For DUI While Driving State Vehicle
- New Bill To Permit Outdoor Dining With Dogs
- CDC: No Ebola In Sacramento Patient