Oroville Mom Stops Child Kidnapping Attempt With Pepper Spray
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
OROVILLE (CBS13) — A mom protected her child from an alleged kidnapping attempt by threatening to pepper spray the suspect, according to Oroville Police.
Laura Sandoval of Oroville said the man had reached out toward her daughter on Saturday and demanded the mother hand over her child.
Sandoval responded to his demand by showing him her can of pepper spray. He fled on foot.
On Sunday, Sandoval identified Jonathan Burg, 24 of Oroville, from a photo lineup as the suspect.
Burg was arrested that night at a motel on Feather River Boulevard and booked into Butte County Jail for attempted kidnapping.
- Fate Of Military Surplus Vehicle Will Go Before Davis City Council On Tuesday
- Crowdfunding Campaign Started To Help Elderly Stockton Mom Replace Stolen Van
- Women In High Demand In Male-Dominated Auto Technician Industry
- Murder Victim’s Family Upset Over Former Cal Fire Chief’s Wink During Trial
- Stockton City Councilman Arrested On Suspicion Of DUI