‘LA Law’, ‘Psych’ Star Corbin Bernsen Bringing Hollywood To Turlock In Talent Search
TURLOCK (CBS13) — People lined up for hours on Tuesday, hoping for a shot at stardom as Hollywood arrived in Turlock.
Hundreds lined up for a chance not only to see Corbin Bernsen, but for a chance to become a star themselves.
Bernsen, well known for his roles in L.A. Law and Psych, is in Turlock casting extras and bit parts for a family-friendly romantic comedy.
“Just fell in love with the charm, and the community, and I make movies in small towns for community-based films,” said Bernsen, “and this had the perfect ingredients and not very far from L.A.”
He’s looking for hundreds of extras, some to play a slightly bigger role if they fit the build.
“I explain to everybody that I’m looking for a guy who’s this tall, who’s bald, so not everyone fits it,” Bernsen said.
Many came out dreaming for a chance at stardom, and maybe their big break.
“I had a feeling about the town, and it’s really proven to be true,” he said. “I’m just overwhelmed, and I’m just flattered, and I hope I can make you proud.”
The movie is set to begin filming next week, and they hope to release it by the end of Spring.
Film Turlock told CBS13 that making the film in Turlock should bring in about $250,000 to the local economy.
- 26 Pounds Of Heroin In A Diaper Box Is Largest Bust In History Of Modesto Police Department
- Baby Justice’s Grandmother Relieved Autopsy Didn’t Reveal Signs Of Trauma
- City Tells Group Trying To Pay It Forward That Front Yard Giveaway Falls Under Garage Sale Ordinance
- Sacramento Artist Furious Millions Of Dollars For Arena Art Going To New York City Artist
- The Grant Napear Show – February 26, 2015 – Seg 7