‘LA Law’, ‘Psych’ Star Corbin Bernsen Bringing Hollywood To Turlock In Talent Search
Don't Miss This
- Women Respond To Ice Bucket Challenge By Raising Money For California Town With Dry Wells
- Stockton Man Pleads For Return Of Dog Stolen From His Car
- Sketch Released Of Suspect Wanted For 2 Stabbings Near Downtown Sacramento
- Roseville Woman Run Over By Own SUV, Dies
- U-Haul Crashes Into Citrus Heights Home, Hitting Baby’s Room
Get Breaking News First
TURLOCK (CBS13) — People lined up for hours on Tuesday, hoping for a shot at stardom as Hollywood arrived in Turlock.
Hundreds lined up for a chance not only to see Corbin Bernsen, but for a chance to become a star themselves.
Bernsen, well known for his roles in L.A. Law and Psych, is in Turlock casting extras and bit parts for a family-friendly romantic comedy.
“Just fell in love with the charm, and the community, and I make movies in small towns for community-based films,” said Bernsen, “and this had the perfect ingredients and not very far from L.A.”
He’s looking for hundreds of extras, some to play a slightly bigger role if they fit the build.
“I explain to everybody that I’m looking for a guy who’s this tall, who’s bald, so not everyone fits it,” Bernsen said.
Many came out dreaming for a chance at stardom, and maybe their big break.
“I had a feeling about the town, and it’s really proven to be true,” he said. “I’m just overwhelmed, and I’m just flattered, and I hope I can make you proud.”
The movie is set to begin filming next week, and they hope to release it by the end of Spring.
Film Turlock told CBS13 that making the film in Turlock should bring in about $250,000 to the local economy.
- Yolo County Cyberstalking Conviction Rare As Departments Lack Resources
- khtk newsletter
- Win VIP TICKETS and a MONSTER ENERGY AFTERSHOCK GUITAR on KHTK Sports 1140!!!
- Deputies Searching For Man Who Allegedly Abducted Child From Unlocked Home
- Truck Driver Loses Control Of Vehicle, Dies After Own Truck Runs Him Over In Stockton