Placerville’s Hangtown Willie Slips His Noose For A Drink At Nearby Bar
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
PLACERVILLE (CBS13) — Placerville’s hangtown dummy slipped his noose for a few hours and ended up at a nearby bar, and police are wondering who helped him escape.
Police say he was stolen late Wednesday night as the Liar’s Bench Bar next door closed. People at the bar say he was later found lying in front of city hall.
By the next morning, the dummy some call Willie had made his way to the Liar’s Bench.
“They had him standing over there with his hand on the counter, looking out the window so he had a view of Main Street,” said bar patron Dave Hasal
It’s not the first time Willie’s gone AWOL. He’s been stolen several times in recent years.
People at the Liar’s Bench aren’t sure why he was taken this time, or how he ended up there, but they’re relieved he’s back.
“He’s just a dummy, but we still talk about him and love him like one of us,” said another patron.
The renovation company working on the building where Willie normally hangs out believe the scaffolding they have up is making it easier to steal him, so for now, his neck gets a break.
- Placerville Officials Say Hangtown Haven Was Too Successful For Its Own Good
- Placerville Homeless Camp Closing After 16 Months