Roseville Computer Repair Shop Burglar Steals 6 Laptops
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – Instead of working on computers, a laptop repair shop in Roseville is looking for them after a thief targeted the business overnight.
With shoppers going after laptops in the stores this Black Friday, one burglar did some Black Friday shopping on his own in the front lobby of the shop. The whole thing was caught on video.
“He knew exactly what he was doing,” said Christopher Merrill, owner of Tech Savvy Doc’s.
Merrill says they sell and repair laptops, tablets and cell phones.
“Right outside the door and there he is,” said Merrill.
Merrill says he was at home asleep at 5:40 a.m. Friday when his alarm company called saying someone broke in. The guy broke in using a crow bar and took six laptops. Within minutes, Roseville police arrived at the shop, but the robber was already long gone. It took him no more than 30 seconds.
“When I saw the video it was like, ‘Oh my goodness. What in the world has just happened? This is Roseville. It’s supposed to be a nice area,’” said Merrill.
“I was counting on this money to be able to buy Christmas presents for my kids,” said Robert Henry, a Tech Savvy Doc’s employee.
Henry’s job today is to spend hours scouring the Internet looking for the stolen products.
“Hopefully if somebody does try to sell them on Craigslist or something like that, I’ll be able to contact the local law enforcement agencies and let them know,” said Henry.
This is a tough hit for any small business trying to make a buck.
Merrill hopes this video will lead to an arrest.
“I don’t think the person who broke in knows that we had security cameras installed in the location,” said Merrill.
Merrill says whoever helps him find the laptops he’s going to offer them a $200 reward.
- Drivers Rattled After Two Cars Shot In Downtown Roseville
- Sonic Drive-Ins Owned By Alizadeh Family Closed In Roseville, Woodland, Yuba City
- Neighbors Asking Questions About Dozens Of Police Visits To Roseville City Council Candidate’s Home
- KB’s Football Food Cave: Sammy’s Island Bar & Grill
- Stretch Of Roseville Road Too Dangerous For Drivers?