Make-A-Wish Grants Teen’s Big Apple Wish To Meet New York Giants
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
ROSEVILLE (CBS13) – A 16-year-old boy with a heart condition is getting the surprise of a lifetime with a wish that’s taking him to meet the New York Giants.
Saturday seemed like just another holiday trip to the Roseville Galleria for Raymond.
“He has a heart condition. He always wished to meet the New York Giants. Dad’s from New York and this has been his dream,” said Jennifer Stolo, Northern California Make-A-Wish.
Raymond’s wish kicked off with a message from legendary New York Giants quarterback Phil Simms.
“Make-A-Wish is going to fly you and your family to New York on Dec. 26, go to practice and hang out with the players, coaches. Take pictures. It’s going to be really cool,” Simms said in the message.
The teen was surrounded by friends, family and cheered on by his fellow students from Bella Vista High School.
Raymond also received a personal jersey signed by the Giant’s quarterback Eli Manning.
“They granted my wish and I’m super excited,” said Raymond.
But, that wasn’t his only surprise. He’ll go on the field in New York to help the Giants with warm ups before their game, and will take a very special New York tour with Simms as his guide.
Raymond says it all adds up to a trip he’ll remember the rest of his life.
“It’s a once in a lifetime opportunity and I’m glad it really came true,” he said. “It’s amazing.”
Raymond’s father says this dream is 13 years in the making, and his entire family will join in for the trip.