Co-Workers Bring Christmas Surprise To Man Forced To Retire Because Of ALS
CERES (CBS13) — A man forced to retire because of a crippling disease got an early Christmas surprise, as some of his former co-workers gathered to fix up his home.
For years, Pete Elliott would join with other VIP Management employees for a holiday community service project.
Now he’s the one receiving the holiday gift after being forced to retire because of ALS.
“Pete was always our go-to man,” said Ashley Fisher. “He was our main project supervisor. For us to be doing this for him now is just awesome.”
The army of helpers built wheelchair ramps, helped install new countertops, expanded Pete’s bathroom, and put up holiday decorations.
- Students Shocked, Saddened By Heald College Closure
- Runnin’ For Rhett: Turning Tragedy Into Youth Fitness Inspiration
- Sacramento Wedding Photographer Stranded On Everest By Earthquake Leans On Faith
- California Gas Prices Jump 17 Cents, Could Go Up A Little More
- Police Chase Ends Tragically With Innocent Motorist Killed In Crash