CERES (CBS13) — A man forced to retire because of a crippling disease got an early Christmas surprise, as some of his former co-workers gathered to fix up his home.
For years, Pete Elliott would join with other VIP Management employees for a holiday community service project.
Now he’s the one receiving the holiday gift after being forced to retire because of ALS.
“Pete was always our go-to man,” said Ashley Fisher. “He was our main project supervisor. For us to be doing this for him now is just awesome.”
The army of helpers built wheelchair ramps, helped install new countertops, expanded Pete’s bathroom, and put up holiday decorations.
- FBI Investigating Newly Discovered Emails In Hillary Clinton Probe
- Problems Resulting From DMV Computer Failures Continue At 5 Offices
- NBA Team Cancels Singer’s Anthem Performance Over ‘We Matter’ Shirt, Later Apologizes
- The Power Of Smell: Does Your Nose Know Who Your Soulmate Is?
- Charter Schools Accused Of Discrimination In Admissions Process