Co-Workers Bring Christmas Surprise To Man Forced To Retire Because Of ALS
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) — A man forced to retire because of a crippling disease got an early Christmas surprise, as some of his former co-workers gathered to fix up his home.
For years, Pete Elliott would join with other VIP Management employees for a holiday community service project.
Now he’s the one receiving the holiday gift after being forced to retire because of ALS.
“Pete was always our go-to man,” said Ashley Fisher. “He was our main project supervisor. For us to be doing this for him now is just awesome.”
The army of helpers built wheelchair ramps, helped install new countertops, expanded Pete’s bathroom, and put up holiday decorations.