Co-Workers Bring Christmas Surprise To Man Forced To Retire Because Of ALS
CERES (CBS13) — A man forced to retire because of a crippling disease got an early Christmas surprise, as some of his former co-workers gathered to fix up his home.
For years, Pete Elliott would join with other VIP Management employees for a holiday community service project.
Now he’s the one receiving the holiday gift after being forced to retire because of ALS.
“Pete was always our go-to man,” said Ashley Fisher. “He was our main project supervisor. For us to be doing this for him now is just awesome.”
The army of helpers built wheelchair ramps, helped install new countertops, expanded Pete’s bathroom, and put up holiday decorations.
- Girl Rescued By CHP Helicopter After Being Kicked In Head By Horse
- McDonald’s Revamps Grilled Chicken To Cut Ingredients
- 1 Hurt In Modesto Shooting; Officers Searching For Suspect
- Final Snow Survey Of The Season Set For Wednesday
- Deputies: Yuba County Man Met Woman On Facebook, Drugged, Raped Her For 4 Days