Co-Workers Bring Christmas Surprise To Man Forced To Retire Because Of ALS
Don't Miss This
Get Breaking News First
CERES (CBS13) — A man forced to retire because of a crippling disease got an early Christmas surprise, as some of his former co-workers gathered to fix up his home.
For years, Pete Elliott would join with other VIP Management employees for a holiday community service project.
Now he’s the one receiving the holiday gift after being forced to retire because of ALS.
“Pete was always our go-to man,” said Ashley Fisher. “He was our main project supervisor. For us to be doing this for him now is just awesome.”
The army of helpers built wheelchair ramps, helped install new countertops, expanded Pete’s bathroom, and put up holiday decorations.
- Fix 50 Construction Continues As If Accident That Injured 3 Workers Didn’t Happen
- ‘The Bachelorette’ Contestant With Citrus Heights Roots Dies In Paragliding Accident
- Folsom Dam Emergency Drill Focuses On Possible Robbers On The Run
- Rocklin Man Turns Himself In On Charges Of Embezzling $37,000 From School Group
- Study: Antarctica Was Once As Warm As California