Sacramento Kidnapping Suspect Denies Playing Role In Ransoming Woman
Don't Miss This
- Man Rescued From Abandoned Mother Lode Mine
- Man Gets 3-Year Jail Sentence For Torturing Puppy In Front Of Daughter
- Mom, Daughter Record Bear’s Romp Through Auburn Cemetery
- Is This You? Gas Station Surveillance Video Reveals Stockton’s Latest Lottery Millionaire
- California Bans State Agencies From Selling Or Displaying Items With Confederate Flag
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — A woman accused of taking part in kidnapping a woman and holding her for ransom says she didn’t have anything to do with the kidnapping.
Violeta Rivas-Corleta admits she’s in big trouble.
“If I could back and do something about it I would have helped her out,” she said.
She and her friend Anthony Meza are accused by Sacramento Police of kidnapping a young woman and holding her for ransom at an apartment complex on El Camino Avenue.
Rivas-Corleta denies having a role in the kidnapping.
“I didn’t know what was going on,” she said.
Someone in the neighborhood got involved and called 911. Police saved her, and consider her a possible victim of human trafficking.
Some are happy to see the arrest, calling the complex sketchy.
“I’m not Pinocchio, so I keep my nose in my own business,” said neighbor Patricia Bailey.
Rivas-Corleta says she saw the victim in the apartment crying, but claims she had nothing to do with the kidnapping.
“I never talked to her, I never threatened her, I never kidnapped her, I never did anything to her,” she said.
Both sides will be given an opportunity to tell their side of the story to a judge later this week. The suspects are being held on $1 million bail.
- Ex-Marine From Stockton Who Caught Jumper Among Carnegie Heroes
- 920 California Chickens Killed With Golf Club
- Federal Ruling On Bankruptcy Exit Plan For Stockton Could Happen Soon
- Will California Gas Prices Jump At Beginning Of Year, Or Are Oil Companies Full Of Hot Air?
- Surveillance Video Shows Men In Security Company Shirts Swiping 8-Year-Old’s Purse, Tablet