All Lanes Of Westbound I-80 Back Open In West Sacramento After Pedestrian Killed
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
WEST SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two westbound lanes of Interstate 80 were closed for hours after a pedestrian was hit and killed.
The incident happened on the freeway near Enterprise Boulevard in West Sacramento. Investigators say the pedestrian was hit by multiple vehicles and ended up 100 feet west of where he was first struck. They are treating the incident as a hit and run crash.
Police have not identified the body.
A disabled vehicle with dealer plates was found parked to the side of the freeway about a mile east of the Harbor Boulevard exit. Police have not said whether that vehicle was driven by the pedestrian.
For more information on freeway traffic conditions, visit our traffic page.