Employee Killed In Robbery Attempt At Sacramento County O’Reilly Auto Parts
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — An O’Reilly Auto Parts employee shot during a robbery attempt has died, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspect in the robbery at 4423 Elkhorn Boulevard is still at large.
Just past 7 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a call of an employee that was shot at the auto parts store during an attempted robbery.
According to deputies, employees were ordered by the suspect to hit the ground, but one employee charged and stabbed the suspect. The suspect then shot him. The employee, who was in his 20s, succumbed to the injuries later Thursday night.
A trail of blood leading out of the store leads deputies to believe the suspect had been stabbed at some point.
Witnesses describe the suspect as a black male, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall, about 160 pounds wearing a black hoodie. As mentioned earlier, he may also be bleeding from a stab wound.