Employee Killed In Robbery Attempt At Sacramento County O’Reilly Auto Parts
Don't Miss This
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
- Man Behind Hidden Cash Craze Announces New Charity Effort Aimed At Fighting Hunger
- Brutal Beating Of Disabled Yuba City Man Likely Was Gang Violence
- Sacramento Police Ready For Protests, But Say Outreach Is Key To Avoid Violence
- Reaction To Ferguson Grand Jury Decision Fanned By Social Media
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — An O’Reilly Auto Parts employee shot during a robbery attempt has died, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspect in the robbery at 4423 Elkhorn Boulevard is still at large.
Just past 7 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a call of an employee that was shot at the auto parts store during an attempted robbery.
According to deputies, employees were ordered by the suspect to hit the ground, but one employee charged and stabbed the suspect. The suspect then shot him. The employee, who was in his 20s, succumbed to the injuries later Thursday night.
A trail of blood leading out of the store leads deputies to believe the suspect had been stabbed at some point.
Witnesses describe the suspect as a black male, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall, about 160 pounds wearing a black hoodie. As mentioned earlier, he may also be bleeding from a stab wound.