Employee Killed In Robbery Attempt At Sacramento County O’Reilly Auto Parts
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO COUNTY (CBS13) — An O’Reilly Auto Parts employee shot during a robbery attempt has died, according to the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Department.
The suspect in the robbery at 4423 Elkhorn Boulevard is still at large.
Just past 7 p.m. on Thursday, deputies responded to a call of an employee that was shot at the auto parts store during an attempted robbery.
According to deputies, employees were ordered by the suspect to hit the ground, but one employee charged and stabbed the suspect. The suspect then shot him. The employee, who was in his 20s, succumbed to the injuries later Thursday night.
A trail of blood leading out of the store leads deputies to believe the suspect had been stabbed at some point.
Witnesses describe the suspect as a black male, approximately 5 feet, 6 inches tall, about 160 pounds wearing a black hoodie. As mentioned earlier, he may also be bleeding from a stab wound.