Target Hiring Hundreds For New Store At Job Fair In Rocklin
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
ROCKLIN (CBS13) – A big box store opening in Rocklin is hiring for nearly 200 hundred positions.
People started showing up at the city of Rocklin Event Center for today’s Target job fair hours before doors opened. Some of them are desperate for a steady paycheck.
“Well, it’s pretty fantastic,” said Lynda Wulfekuhler, who has been unemployed for the last nine months.
And the timing of this job fair couldn’t be better for some people.
“I just lost my federal extension, so I’m very excited and hoping to get hired,” said Wulfekuhler.
When word got out that Target is hiring 200 employees, it brought out Daniel Gonzalez.
“It’s going to be a lot better than just sitting around doing nothing all day,” said Gonzales.
The new store, which is near Interstate 80 and Sierra College Boulevard, opens in March and has all sorts of open positions.
“We’re looking for everything — cart attendants, cashiers, people that push trucks, stock the trucks,” said store manager Mara Davis.
“I’m really thankful because there aren’t a lot of positions. The economy isn’t so good right now with the job prospects for everyone, so I would be very grateful to get a job here,” said Loomis resident Sara Neal.
Wulfekuhler said she’ll take any position available.
“I want to be out here first thing, which I was,” she said.
The job fair lasts until 5 p.m. Thursday. It runs again Friday and Saturday and goes from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.