Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Found Competent To Stand Trial
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Sacramento Home Prices Growing At Slower Price, Easing Concerns Of Growing Bubble
- California Prisons Will No Longer Segregate Inmates Based On Race After Riot
- Sonic Drive-Ins Owned By Alizadeh Family Closed In Roseville, Woodland, Yuba City
- California Capitol Protest Highlights Deaths At Hands Of Law Enforcement
- Tracy Man Records Confrontation With Police Over Recording SWAT Exercise