Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Found Competent To Stand Trial
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Davis Family Of 4 Safe After Early Morning House Fire
- 26 Pounds Of Heroin In A Diaper Box Is Largest Bust In History Of Modesto Police Department
- Baby Justice’s Grandmother Relieved Autopsy Didn’t Reveal Signs Of Trauma
- City Tells Group Trying To Pay It Forward That Front Yard Giveaway Falls Under Garage Sale Ordinance
- Sacramento Artist Furious Millions Of Dollars For Arena Art Going To New York City Artist