YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Sierra Snow Brings Power Outages From Blue Canyon To Lake Tahoe
- Crews Able To Slow Excess Water That Broke Sewer Line Near Modesto
- Modesto Sees Drop In Serious Crimes
- Call Kurtis: Tree Company Steps Up To Finish Job Left By Unlicensed Contractor
- When It Comes To Testing Pot Behind The Wheel, Science And Laws Are Lacking