Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Found Competent To Stand Trial
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Gym Keeps Dream Alive For Sacramento-Area Sports Stars Looking To Take Next Step
- Friends Remember Subway Employee Gunned Down In Late-Night Robbery
- Sacramento Soccer Fans Relieved By FIFA Scandal Indictments
- Former State Senator Claims Bear League Harassing Him Over Trap In Tahoe
- Police Arrest Man Accused In Shooting Death Of Stockton Subway Employee