YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Nearly A Year After His Fall, Roseville Man Known For His Christmas Display Walks Again
- Montana Woman Sues Costco, Tracy-Based Taylor Farms In E.Coli Outbreak
- Study: Many Facebook Users Motivated By Envy
- Sacramento Chill Sends Many To Warming Centers, Though Some Still Choose Streets
- Cyber Monday Like Any Other Day At Amazon’s Tracy Fulfillment Center