YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Final Tour Inside Golden 1 Center Before It Opens
- Sacramento, Yolo Counties Publicizing Names Of Early Release Prisoners
- Low Snow, Temperature Rise Posing Problems For Lake Tahoe
- Citrus Heights City Council Approves Food Trucks On City Streets
- Fire Damages Several Structures Near Ethan Way In Sacramento