Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Found Competent To Stand Trial
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Water Rates Rise As California Cities Lose Money In Drought
- Grass Fire In Vacaville 50 Percent Contained, Evacuations Lifted
- Illegal Fireworks Likely To Blame For Massive Fire At Sacramento Home
- ‘Homemade Bomb’ Thrown Into Manteca Backyard, Injuring Several Teens
- ‘Catastrophic Failure’ Cuts Fireworks Show At Cal Expo Short