Davis Mother Accused Of Drowning Daughter Found Competent To Stand Trial
YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Deputies: Yuba County Man Met Woman On Facebook, Drugged, Raped Her For 4 Days
- Natomas Ready To Start Building As Drought Worries Hang Over Growth
- Plastic Bag Ban Approved In Sacramento, Begins Jan. 1, 2016
- Rancho Cordova Sales Tax Increases To 8.5 Percent On Wednesday
- Natomas Building Moratorium Set To End On June 16; Building Permits Accepted April 1