YOLO COUNTY (CBS13) — A psychological evaluation of a woman accused of killing her daughter, then placing her in the trunk of a car has found her competent to stand trial.
Aqueline Talamantes will be back in court on Jan. 24.
She was arrested in September after her 5-year-old daughter, Tatiana, was found in the trunk of her car in the Pocket area of Sacramento. Police believe the crime actually took place at her Davis apartment.
An officer gave emotional testimony who said he found Tatiana in Talamantes’ trunk, saying when he saw her, he saw his own daughter.
He testified that she found him over her car keys. Family members managed to open up the trunk, and inside was the little girl wearing purple pajamas, wrapped in plastic and a blanket, soaking wet and not breathing.
- Former NFL Coach Dick Vermeil Finds Peace In Calistoga Vineyard
- Woman Struck With Baseball Bat At Solano Town Center Mall Remembered As Caretaker
- California Assemblyman Wants Backdoor On Cellphone Encryption For Law Enforcement
- Sacramento SPCA Turning Away Animals After Pet Owners Drop Off More Than 350 Dogs In 2016
- Vacaville Man’s Second Chance Sends Him To Super Bowl 50