More Suspicious Packages Found Around Sacramento State
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) — More suspicious packages were found around the Sacramento State campus, leading to yet another shutdown, frustrating police.
One of the packages was left just a few hundred yards from the daycare where Kim Smith’s kids stay.
“I know this has been going on since September, but that was the first time it was that close, so it kinda freaked me out a little bit,” she said.
Nearly a dozen of the packages have been spotted around campus since the start of the school year, forcing police to evacuate buildings and call in the bomb squad.
Lt. David Heaphy says the packages have all been made of wires and duct tape and were harmless.
Heaphy says the scares haven’t cost the department extra money, but officer overtime wouldn’t be out of the question if they keep happening.