Officers Arrest Sacramento Street Racing Suspects
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men were arrested and their cars impounded during a weekend street racing incident.
On Friday, CHP officers got the call of two Ford Mustangs being driven recklessly in the area Elk Grove-Florin Road near Tiogawoods Drive.
When officers arrived at Younger Creek Drive near Light Sky Court, they say, they could hear the sound of squealing tires and cars driving off toward Elder Creek Road, according to a CHP statement. Police spotted the cars racing on Elder Creek Road, travelling 100 mph.
Officers pulled over the drivers, Leonardo Flores-Beltran, 22, and Ubaldo Castellanos Del Toro, 19 — both Sacramento area residents — east of Power Inn Road. They were booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of street racing.
The suspects’ vehicles were impounded for 30 days.