Officers Arrest Sacramento Street Racing Suspects
Don't Miss This
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
- Researchers Say Sacramento’s Bad Roads Are Bad For Business
- Mountain Lion Linked To Southern California Boy’s Attack Killed By Wildlife Officials
Get Breaking News First
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men were arrested and their cars impounded during a weekend street racing incident.
On Friday, CHP officers got the call of two Ford Mustangs being driven recklessly in the area Elk Grove-Florin Road near Tiogawoods Drive.
When officers arrived at Younger Creek Drive near Light Sky Court, they say, they could hear the sound of squealing tires and cars driving off toward Elder Creek Road, according to a CHP statement. Police spotted the cars racing on Elder Creek Road, travelling 100 mph.
Officers pulled over the drivers, Leonardo Flores-Beltran, 22, and Ubaldo Castellanos Del Toro, 19 — both Sacramento area residents — east of Power Inn Road. They were booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of street racing.
The suspects’ vehicles were impounded for 30 days.