Officers Arrest Sacramento Street Racing Suspects
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
SACRAMENTO (CBS13) – Two men were arrested and their cars impounded during a weekend street racing incident.
On Friday, CHP officers got the call of two Ford Mustangs being driven recklessly in the area Elk Grove-Florin Road near Tiogawoods Drive.
When officers arrived at Younger Creek Drive near Light Sky Court, they say, they could hear the sound of squealing tires and cars driving off toward Elder Creek Road, according to a CHP statement. Police spotted the cars racing on Elder Creek Road, travelling 100 mph.
Officers pulled over the drivers, Leonardo Flores-Beltran, 22, and Ubaldo Castellanos Del Toro, 19 — both Sacramento area residents — east of Power Inn Road. They were booked into the Sacramento County Jail on charges of street racing.
The suspects’ vehicles were impounded for 30 days.