Magnitude-4.4 Earthquake Shakes LA Area Overnight
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
FONTANA, Calif. (AP) — A 4.4-magnitude earthquake has rattled the Los Angeles area.
The U.S. Geological Survey says the quake struck 3 miles north of Fontana at 1:35 a.m. Wednesday. That’s about 30 miles east of Los Angeles.
The Fontana Police Department and San Bernardino Sheriff’s Department both say there are no reports of damage or injuries.
Most residents posting to the USGS community Internet intensity map reported the quake felt light to weak. Some residents of Fontana and San Bernardino reported the shaking as moderate.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.