Modesto Burglar Steals Electronics From After-School Program
Don't Miss This
- CHP Officers, Teacher Help Santa Deliver Presents To Boy Who Didn’t Get Visit Last Year
- Lawyer Allegedly Caught During Sexual Encounter With Jailed Inmate Fires Back
- Man Allegedly Sets Himself And Wife On Fire In Stockton
- Davis Teen Gets 52 Years To Life In Brutal Slaying Of Elderly Couple In Their Beds
- Caltrans May Pick Up The Tab For Your Car’s Pothole Damage
MODESTO (CBS13) — A burglar targeted a free after-school program that serves about 100 Everett Elementary School students, but they may have left a critical clue behind.
While the district is tallying what was taken, parents say the burglar made off with pricey teaching tools, including computers, along with toys and video game consoles.
Modesto City Schools District Administrators hope security cameras will provide some clues.
“What we hope comes out of this is anyone with information will call the Modesto Police Department and with the hope we catch the criminals so another school doesn’t have to go through this,” said Becky Fortuna.
The break-in happened sometime over the weekend. The thief pried open a window and cleaned out the after school program teaching classroom.
“Our students are so fortunate to have these programs, and so to hear someone would come in and affect our students this way is real sad,” Fortuna said.
Insurance will cover the stolen items, but its not clear when they will be replaced.