Modesto Burglar Steals Electronics From After-School Program
Don't Miss This
- 49ers Fan Who Bought Game Ticket Online Receives Pricey Parking Pass
- Man Faces Jail Time Or $4,000 Fine For Not Watering Lawn
- Thieves Ransack Rio Linda Airman’s Home While He Was Deployed Overseas
- Fresno Man Who Killed Co-Worker, Cut Out Heart, Released From Prison Over Governor’s Objection
- Jackson Teen Leading Rally Against Washington Redskins’ Name At San Francisco 49ers Game
MODESTO (CBS13) — A burglar targeted a free after-school program that serves about 100 Everett Elementary School students, but they may have left a critical clue behind.
While the district is tallying what was taken, parents say the burglar made off with pricey teaching tools, including computers, along with toys and video game consoles.
Modesto City Schools District Administrators hope security cameras will provide some clues.
“What we hope comes out of this is anyone with information will call the Modesto Police Department and with the hope we catch the criminals so another school doesn’t have to go through this,” said Becky Fortuna.
The break-in happened sometime over the weekend. The thief pried open a window and cleaned out the after school program teaching classroom.
“Our students are so fortunate to have these programs, and so to hear someone would come in and affect our students this way is real sad,” Fortuna said.
Insurance will cover the stolen items, but its not clear when they will be replaced.