Vallejo Man Dies After Being Shot While Driving
Don't Miss This
- Woman Walking With 2-Year-Old Son Hit, Killed By Man Driving Drunk
- Citrus Heights Gaming Hall Actually Slashes Crime In Surrounding Area
- Starting Tuesday, California Law Requires Drivers To Give Cyclists 3 Feet Of Space On Road
- Missing Christian Brothers High School Volleyball Coach Found Alive In Oregon
- Police Detain ‘Django Unchained’ Actress In LA
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a 25-year-old man who was shot while driving near City Hall has died from his injuries.
The police department said Mica Williams of Vallejo died Sunday after being shot in the chest around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Vallejo police arrived at the scene after receiving reports of shots fired about half a block from City Hall. When they arrived, they found Williams unconscious in a black Nissan Altima, which had crashed into a parked vehicle and a street sign. He was taken to a local hospital.
Police say witnesses saw a suspect shooting at Williams’ vehicle before fleeing the area in a silver Chevrolet.
The Vallejo Times-Standard reports the slaying is Vallejo’s first homicide this year, and the first in the city since Dec. 22.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.