Vallejo Man Dies After Being Shot While Driving
Don't Miss This
- Stockton School District Possibly Selling $2 Million In Unused School Buses
- Strong, This New Member Of Stockton Schools Police Force Is
- After Bed Bug Complaints, Lodi Theater Closed Until Thursday To Eliminate ‘Insect’ Problem
- Alleged Bed Bug Infestation Temporarily Shutters Lodi Movie Theater
- Emerging Solar Plants Are Igniting Birds Mid-Air
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a 25-year-old man who was shot while driving near City Hall has died from his injuries.
The police department said Mica Williams of Vallejo died Sunday after being shot in the chest around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Vallejo police arrived at the scene after receiving reports of shots fired about half a block from City Hall. When they arrived, they found Williams unconscious in a black Nissan Altima, which had crashed into a parked vehicle and a street sign. He was taken to a local hospital.
Police say witnesses saw a suspect shooting at Williams’ vehicle before fleeing the area in a silver Chevrolet.
The Vallejo Times-Standard reports the slaying is Vallejo’s first homicide this year, and the first in the city since Dec. 22.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.