Vallejo Man Dies After Being Shot While Driving
Don't Miss This
- Kings Rally Late, Win Vegas Summer Title
- 40-Year-Old Mom With Two Kids Becomes NFL Cheerleader
- Raw: Driver Records Cellphone Video Of Stockton Shootout
- Get Ready For More Delays As Interstate 80 Project Will Close Lanes Starting Saturday
- Video: Family, Friends Mourn Death Of Woman Taken Hostage By Bank Robbery Suspects
Get Breaking News First
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a 25-year-old man who was shot while driving near City Hall has died from his injuries.
The police department said Mica Williams of Vallejo died Sunday after being shot in the chest around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Vallejo police arrived at the scene after receiving reports of shots fired about half a block from City Hall. When they arrived, they found Williams unconscious in a black Nissan Altima, which had crashed into a parked vehicle and a street sign. He was taken to a local hospital.
Police say witnesses saw a suspect shooting at Williams’ vehicle before fleeing the area in a silver Chevrolet.
The Vallejo Times-Standard reports the slaying is Vallejo’s first homicide this year, and the first in the city since Dec. 22.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.