Vallejo Man Dies After Being Shot While Driving
Don't Miss This
- More Than 100 American Laser Skincare Closures Leave Customers Without Thousands Of Dollars
- Rancho Cordova Neighborhood Watch Started With A Facebook Group
- Sacramento Gun Stores Gearing Up For Black Friday Sales Surge
- Call Kurtis: Smart & Stupid Black Friday Buys
- Logic Behind Ferguson Grand Jury’s Decision Not To Indict Police Officer May Remain Mystery
VALLEJO, Calif. (AP) — Vallejo police say a 25-year-old man who was shot while driving near City Hall has died from his injuries.
The police department said Mica Williams of Vallejo died Sunday after being shot in the chest around 2:30 p.m. Saturday.
Vallejo police arrived at the scene after receiving reports of shots fired about half a block from City Hall. When they arrived, they found Williams unconscious in a black Nissan Altima, which had crashed into a parked vehicle and a street sign. He was taken to a local hospital.
Police say witnesses saw a suspect shooting at Williams’ vehicle before fleeing the area in a silver Chevrolet.
The Vallejo Times-Standard reports the slaying is Vallejo’s first homicide this year, and the first in the city since Dec. 22.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.