Super Bowl Bound Denver Broncos TE Julius Thomas Has Stockton, Lodi Roots
Don't Miss This
- ICE: Local Authorities Have Denied 8,800 Federal Immigration Hold Requests This Year
- Modesto Wants To Crack Down On Residents Parking Cars On Lawns
- Republican Lawmakers Call For Travel Ban From West Africa Amid Ebola Fears
- Taryn Manning Of ‘Orange Is the New Black’ To Headline Grave Digger’s Ball
- Is Former Sacramento Real-Estate Mogul Once Accused Of Secret Recording At It Again?
Get Breaking News First
STOCKTON (CBS13) — Julius Thomas never played a down of high school football, and only played a season of college football. But the Stockton native has a date with destiny at Super Bowl XLVIII as a member of the Denver Broncos.
Growing up, Julius had always played basketball, even earning McDonald’s All-American status. All the neighbors knew him.
“I could tell in the way he was going in live he was going to be somebody,” a neighbor said. “He was always determined.”
That determination played a role in the Broncos tight-end’s breakout year. He had 65 catches for 788 yards and 12 touchdowns—including Peyton Manning’s record-setting 51st touchdown pass.
Thomas was also named to this Sunday’s Pro Bowl, but his plans in New York the next week will keep him from playing.